Restaurant Review: Pasto

Can I just say that this is perhaps the yummiest pasta dish I have ever eaten? Save for Cibo and some other high-end Italian restaurants, Pasto's menu is full of affordable, delectable dishes.

I've eaten in Pasto twice only yet I already see myself going back again in the near future. My gosh, the food is just so good! I was able to taste several pizza and pasta offerings. Most of them are really good.

My favorite dish is the Pollo Cremoso, which happens to be one of their best-sellers. Pollo Cremoso is basically penne with chicken, sun-dried tomatoes (arghh! I want more...) and roasted mushrooms in a garlic-cream sauce. The pasta is al dente, the chicken is tender, the garlic-cream sauce is not to thick, just right...but my gosh, the sun-dried tomatoes are to die for! If I could just take them home and eat them like candy, I would. The bread that comes with it is also soft and flavorful.

pasto
Pollo Cremoso
They also serve pan-baked 12-inch pizzas, which is divided into 8 slices. You can also combine 2 flavors in one pizza (half-half that is). Of course, you'll pay for the more expensive pizza flavor. This one below is the Gamberi Fritti mixed with another Gamberi thingy... Sorry, I forgot the exact name.

pasto
Gamberi Fritti mixed with another Gamberi-stuffed pizza

So, there you have it! Pasta dishes are good for two but if you are a heavy eater, for sure you can finish a plate. Pizza is for sharing of up to 4 people. That is 2 slices each. As mentioned, their prices are not really expensive. In fact, I consider them affordable considering how sumptuous the food they are serving.

Aside from pizza and pasta, Pasto also serves Panini, Crostini, Soup, Appetizers, Salads, Meat, and Extras. Wine and beer are also available from the liquor bar.

When it comes to the ambiance, the place has dim-lighting. Only the tables are well-lit. Also, the place is painted red all over. I believe there was also music playing, though not the loud ones. The washroom is so-so and definitely needs some repairs. The waiters are attentive and are very nice.

The Pasto branch I've been to is located in Eastwood City Walk 1, E Rodriguez Jr. Avenue, Bagumbayan, Quezon City. For inquiries, call (02) 911-2768.

They also have branches in The Fort, Greenhills, El Pueblo (Ortigas Center), and Paseo Center in Makati.

Note: Pasto did not pay me for this review.

Til then...

xoxo Nash

0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...