Movie Review: The Mistress

Perhaps this is one of Star Cinema's biggest movies of the year. The Mistress, which is of a drama/romance genre, stars John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo who kept movie-goers asking for more after their box-office hit One More Chance.

The Mistress is a story about young woman (Bea Alonzo) who is torn between the affections of her two lovers. One is a young bachelor (John Lloyd Cruz) who brings passion into her life. The other is a married man (Ronaldo Valdez) who has kept her as his mistress for years.

the mistress
Image by ClickTheCity.com
I must say that this is one the best Filipino films I've seen in my 25 years of existence. The actors were really good. Kudos to Hilda Koronel, Anita Linda, Ronaldo Valdez, and of course, John Lloyd and Bea. I can't say much about the plot as I don't want to be a spoiler.

All I can say is that I love it. The story is kinda typical but with an unexpected twist. It's directed by Olivia Lamasan and is R-13. Be sure to bring lots of drinks and popcorn with you, as well as tissue/hanky as the film runs for more than 2 hours and there are several tear-jerking and gushy scenes.

For more reviews and comments about The Mistress, be sure to check ClickTheCity.com.

Til then...

xoxo Nash

4 comments :

napaiyak ka ng the mistress? what part? hahaha! naiyak ako dun sa father and son scene. :p

hindi ako napaiyak...pero may mga umiyak akong nakita sa movie house.

Anonymous said...

Is the movie really good?

See it for yourself. All I can say is that it's worth your money!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...