Best Free Android Apps (Social Media)

Android has come a long way since its birth. We now have Android 4.1 Jelly Bean for a buttery smooth user experience, which is its latest iteration. Its application store, known as the Google Play Store, is now almost as big and as extensive as the Apple App Store in its repository of apps with almost 600,000 applications. And yes, many are free albeit ads-sponsored.

social media
Image by itechwik
A lot of applications have also been carried over by major app developers from iOS to Android, which makes the latter almost at par with the former in terms of quality applications to offer. Do note that not every application available in the Play Store is compatible to every Android smartphone. Certain apps have specific requirements such as a certain screen resolution, RAM, internal storage, graphics chip, and CPU clock-speed. Well, enough about this and let's start with my review.

Let me enumerate my favorite FREE Android apps at the moment. My focus would be on Social Media on this one.

I'll start off with the usual suspects:
1. Facebook
2. Twitter
3. Instagram

social mediasocial mediasocial media


These three would probably be your favorite social media applications and I can't blame you. They are very easy to use and will always keep you in touch with your family, friends, and colleagues.

Aside from the above mentioned, I would also suggest that you download:
4. Flipboard
5. LinkedIn
6. Skype

Flipboard is a cool way to view and read your Facebook Timeline. It shows your Twitter and LinkedIn feeds too. Flipboard aggregates social networking sites, news channels, and blogs into a magazine type of application for easy reading.

social mediasocial mediasocial media

LinkedIn is a social networking site for professionals who are into networking, headhunting, job-hunting, and the like.

And Skype is my favorite video-conferencing tool! It works like Yahoo! Messenger, only better!

And I'm sure that many of you have jumped in the Google+ and Pinterest bandwagon. While I don't have an account on both platforms, I'm quite familiar with how they work. Google+ is Google's take on Facebook while Pinterest enables you to share the things you find online by pinning, allowing you to create your own pin board. Like Google+, I'm sure you'll also enjoy watching videos on your YouTube app, which comes preinstalled on your Android smartphone. And with Adobe Flash Player, you can view Flash-based videos on it as well, like VEVO.

7. Google+
8. Pinterest
9. YouTube

social media

social media

social media
The last of my favorite social media apps that you can download for free is Waze. It offers maps, directions, turn-by-turn navigation, and social media integration. Actually, it's the best free navigation app out there. You can integrate it to your Facebook and Twitter accounts to see friends who use Waze and also get points by contributing to the Waze community.

10. Waze

social media

I know you are wondering why I didn't include other popular social media apps like Foursquare and Tumblr. This is because I am not really a fan of checking in online and sharing photos. I believe that these features can already be done using Facebook.

So there you have it. I hope you enjoyed reading it. These are just my favorite social media apps. Stay tuned for more Android app categories and iOS too!

Til then...

xoxo Nash

0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...