Product Review: Microsoft Arc Mouse

So I just got my new Microsoft Arc Mouse delivered in white this afternoon. What can I say? It's definitely a looker. It look classy and neat. But what about functionality?

Let's move on to my review.

While this isn't a new product, this is something new to me as I haven't used a wireless mouse before. So, I'm excited to use it and abuse it. Lels.

First off, it's got a nice, sturdy packaging that won't get crushed while in the delivery process. It's made of hard plastic. Inside the box is the mouse itself, a USB transceiver, 2 pcs of AAA Energizer batteries, a carrying pouch, and some leaflets. So, it's got the basics covered.

As a social media analyst and a blogger, it is very important for me to be able to work efficiently. So, no less than a good mouse with great usability is what I need.

As I've mentioned, mine is colored white. It's kinda off white- to be exact- and the top part is hyperglazed. Quite a looker! The bottom part, which contains the battery port and transceiver dock, is grayish in color and has a waxy texture. That waxy texture is what I don't like as it seems to accumulate dirt so fast. Moreover, the wax part seems to peel off when it gets scraped. Imagine how untidy the bottom part of my mouse has become after using it for just a few minutes with a mouse pad. But then again, I value functionality over looks.

microsoft arc mouse

When it comes to ergonomics, it fits my hand really well. The device itself is pretty solid with no creaky parts. It folds neatly as well. The left and right buttons are clicky. The scroller on top works just fine (albeit slow) but I prefer using my MacBook Pro's touchpad for scrolling. It has another clickable button on the left side. I tried it on my browser, and it automatically adds new tabs. Probably, it has more functions than that.

And yes, it's plug and play. Just plug in the USB transceiver and the mouse works in an instant. No software/driver installation needed, which is great! This is good news for Mac users like me. Thank God, Microsoft did not make it too hard for me to use it.

Microsoft's website says that the batteries will last for about 6 months. We'll see about that as I'm a heavy mouse user.

So that's about it. I plan to use this cool little accessory for quite some time so I hope it will last. This mouse does not come cheap as well. It ranges from Php800 to Php2,000 depending on where you buy it.

Note: Microsoft did not pay me for this review. I bought this mouse because it looks cute and yes, it's wireless. For more pictures, check out https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/arc-mouse/ZJA-00001#overview

Til then...

xoxo Nash

0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...