Even Birthdays Have A Silver Lining

Here's the thing. I celebrated my 25th birthday last August 18 somewhere in Mandaluyong City. I invited around 30 people and only 20 something came. But what bothered me was that my birthday celebration almost flopped. Almost! No one arrived until before 7 PM. I almost cried while sitting in a corner drinking and eating peanuts thinking that none of them would come. But then again, they came so let's move on.

happy birthday

The very sexy Louie Sabado was the first to come, bringing with him Jack Daniels, which was sent by the ever beautiful Gretchen de Peralta. Oh by the way, Norbie Lagota was already with me. He accompanied me and helped me prepare the food and whatnots. I bought a lot of softdrinks as I don't really enjoy drinking hard drinks. Norbie also gave me a gift from the Body Shop and yes, a delicious looking cake with cute, colorful candles.

happy birthday


happy birthday

Then came Jam Melchor with a companion. Considering he has a very busy schedule, I really appreciate him coming in early.

happy birthday

After 7 PM, more guests arrived. These include Ceetee Punzalan and Roanna Catap. Ceetee brought pancit and chicken while Roanna just brought her jewelries and the news that she already resigned from TV5. (Update: Oh! Roanna just informed me that the food were from her and Ceetee.) Dexter Dela Cruz, accompanied by JP, arrived after the girls. They brought Chef Tony's popcorn. They said that these were to be consumed while watching Miss World 2012, airing that same day (or night).

happy birthday

More and more guests arrived like Rico Pinon, Bong Berania, Mariel Veloso, Bianca Tamayo, Daniel Enriquez, and August Quijano. I'm glad all of them came and some even brought food and other treats. Rico brought Cheetos, Mariel brought a cake which she baked and oh so yummy! The guys love your cake! Dan came all the way from Batangas and brought some puto from Laguna (which I'm sure everybody loved but were already too full to eat them). Bianca brought bottles of Tanduay Ice as my request. August brought with him red wine and reusable wine bottles.

happy birthday

Then Claude Ramos arrived from the Davao and brought food and drinks...like you know boxes of pizza and novelty gifts, which I did like. Thanks so much. =)

happy birthday


happy birthday

So while I was busy entertaining guests, the guys were having a drinking session downstairs, waiting for Miss World 2012 to air while the girls were upstairs watching their favorite football game. Hmmm, interesting...

happy birthday

We ate a lot, talked a lot, and had fun! So much fun!

happy birthday

Finally, the time has come for them to sing my birthday song. We lit up the candles on my two cakes. Everyone surrounded me, holding their digital cameras and camera phones. All I saw were flashes of light and just heard their voices merrily singing the birthday song. I felt like I was a celebrity.

happy birthday

That was the highlight of the night and it was one of those few moments in my life where I felt that I am really special. And I can't thank all my friends enough for celebrating that special moment in my life with me.

happy birthday

Yes there were very late comers such as Rex Sanvictores and Dave Revillame. Rex wore his trademark BB creamed face while Dave flirted with someone (did he not?). Just kidding!

happy birthday

We then watched Miss World 2012 and really enjoyed the part where Miss Malawi shoved off Miss New Zealand. It was hilarious. Most of us did not like the fact that Miss China won considering China was the host country. But then again, what can we do about it? None. And because of that, I renamed August Quijano to Ordos Quijano.

happy birthday

So we just played games and talked about stuff and other people. Haha! Gossips!!! But that's about it. One by one, people left the place until I was the only one in my room. I didn't get scared of course. I'm a big boy already and a year older. Thank God for another year!

happy birthday

Finally, I just want to extend my deepest gratitude to all my friends who came, who went out of their way just to see me and celebrate the night with me. I love you all and see you on my next birthday.

P.S. To those who did not come, better come up with an explanation. Just kidding! I understand.

Til then...

xoxo Nash

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Keep 'em coming Nashy! :D

Haha! Yes, I will! BIs, gossips, and bashing soon! Lels!

chefjamme said...

Im so proud of you and your blog. Thumbs up! Miss you nashie =)

Thank you Jammy! Hehe! I plan to feature Villa Cafe din here. Gusto kong marami makabasa sa blog ko. Miss you too! Magmovie and dinner naman tayo soon nina Dan, Louie, et al.

yI so love this blogsite!Keep on writing Nash! I am a fan! :-)

Thanks so SocieTee. I hope you continue patronizing my blog. If you have any article requests, please tell me lang. Thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...