My Nokia Lumia 720 Test Drive Experience

You may have heard of the Nokia Lumia 720 Test Drive promo on Facebook but what you didn't know is that I was one of those who were lucky enough to have been chosen by Nokia Philippines to test drive one of its Lumia 720s. To those who are not familiar with the said smartphone, the Nokia Lumia 720 sports a 4.3"16M-color ClearBlack IPS LCD display of WVGA resolution. It is powered by a 1GHz dual-core Krait CPU, Adreno 305 GPU, Qualcomm MSM8227 chipset with 512MB RAM and 8GB of built-in storage. It runs on Windows Phone 8 and has all goodies that come with the Lumia brand such as the Xbox Live, HERE Maps, HERE Drive, City Lens, Nokia Music, etc. Simply put, the Nokia Lumia 720 is packed with all the features that one needs. So why is the Nokia Lumia 720 more than just a mid-range Windows Phone 8-powered smartphone? Find out below.

lumia 720
Nokia Lumia 720 Package Contents
As a blogger and mall rat, I go to different shopping malls on weekends to check on what's new. This can either be a newly opened restaurant or a new boutique shop. I went to Eastwood City one weekend and came across this visually stunning outdoor decoration just in front of the Eastwood Mall. A colorful set of umbrellas caught my eye and at that very moment, I knew that this will be my entry to the Nokia Lumia 720 photo competition. With the Nokia Lumia 720, not only was I able to shoot good quality images in low light but I was also able to record blur-free videos in high definition. Below is a photo taken using my gorgeous red Nokia Lumia 720 at Eastwood Mall's activity center. Look how bright and vivid the colors of the floating umbrellas are, especially at night. The photo itself looks like it has been "Photoshopped" but it is actually real and taken using the Nokia Lumia 720.

lumia 720
At the Eastwood Mall Activity Center
As I've said I like going to malls but sometimes, there are malls that I had to go to but I'm unsure of the directions. One of which was Resorts World Manila. I've been there a couple of times with friends but I'm really poor at directions and couldn't drive there alone. Thanks to the Nokia Lumia 720's Nokia Here Drive app as it came it handy when I needed it to the most. So more than the Nokia Lumia 720's amazing camera and bright screen with excellent viewing angles, it is the Nokia Here Drive application that makes this Windows Phone 8-powered smartphone years ahead of its competition. Why? It is only Nokia Lumia that offers lifetime voice-guided navigation for free without the need for an Internet connection. This is indeed a far cry from what the competition offers, i.e. faulty maps application and cellular network-dependent GPS function. No other mid-range smartphone from a reputable manufacturer can match the specifications of the Nokia Lumia 720 at its price range. Simply put, the Nokia Lumia 720 offers the best bang per buck among mid-range smartphones. All these I've said above are enough reasons for me to SWITCH TO A NOKIA LUMIA.

lumia 720
Nokia HERE Drive App
Of course, there are other photos I took using the Nokia Lumia 720, such as these flowers and the eggplant below. The photos were taken in our garden at home. The level of detail is really exceptional. The Nokia Lumia 720 makes for a great camera phone with macro shots of excellent quality.

lumia 720
lumia 720
lumia 720
lumia 720

Here's another photo below. This is a picture of the SM MOA Eye taken by the Nokia Lumia 720 during night time. As you can see, there is very little noise despite the dark night sky backdrop.

lumia 720
SM Mall of Asia Eye
All in all, I can say that the Nokia Lumia 720 is a pretty capable smartphone. Factor in its suggested retail price of PhP14,590, you'll be amazed at the things it can do at such price range. As mentioned, the Nokia Lumia 720 offers the best bang per buck in its range.

Pros: Sleek unibody design, Bright screen with excellent viewing angles, Nokia Here Drive (voice-guided navigation) works w/o Internet connection, Great camera for a mid-range device, Relatively long battery life

Cons: Looks like a toy on the outside, Limited selection of apps and games

Note: I was not paid by Nokia Philippines to come up with this article.

Til then...

xoxo Nash

0 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...